Mother's Milk Cookies
The perfect recipe & gift for new mothers. The ingredients in this recipe support healthy milk production & add an extra sweetness to let new moms know "You got this!"
Recipe found in Taproot magazine, "Heal" issue
2 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups wheat/white flour mix
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp brewer's yeast
2 Tbsp whole flaxseeds
1 teas salt
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas baking soda
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (whichever you prefer)
1 teas vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir the oats, flour, chocolate chips, brewer's yeast, flaxseeds, salt, cinnamon and baking soda together,
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup & vanilla.
4. Add the egg & oat mixture together & stir to combine.
5. Scoop heaping Tbsp's of the dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes. Cookies should be firm around the edges but soft in middle.
6. Allow cookies to cool on rack.
Best warmed up for a few seconds in the microwave or fresh out of the oven.