Moroccan Meatballs with Roasted Tomatoes & Chickpeas
Updated: May 12, 2020
1 large egg
1/3 cup panko
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
3 cloves garlic, divided
1 lb ground beef
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 14.5 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
salt & pepper
Couscous, for serving
1. Heat broiler. In a large bowl beat the egg, then add panko, spices, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Finely grate in 2 cloves of garlic. Mix in the beef & shape into 12 balls.
2. Transfer the meatballs to a rimmed baking sheet, then broil on rack in the upper portion of oven until browned (3-4 minutes).
3. Reduce oven to 425 degrees. Remove meatballs from oven & carefully pour out any excess fat.
4. In a bowl, toss tomatoes & chickpeas with oil, remaining garlic & 1/4 tsp salt & pepper.
5. Add to the pan with meatballs & roast until tomatoes have softened (about 15 minutes).
6. Remove from oven, top with feta & parsley and serve with couscous.