Pairs great with rice, fresh asparagus, broccoli or fried potatoes.
1 lemon + zest
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tbsp thyme
1/2 red onion, sliced
4-5 chicken breasts or thighs
1. Add lemon juice + zest, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, honey, thyme & red onion to pot & mix together. Add chicken on top in one layer.
2. Put lid on and move valve to "sealed". Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
3. When finished cooking, allow Instapot to release pressure on it's own (usually takes 15-20 minutes). The valve on the lid will drop. You can then open the lid.
4. Take chicken out & put on baking sheet. Broil for about 5 minutes so chicken can crisp up.
5. While chicken is under broiler, put Instapot on "Saute" to thicken up the sauce. "Saute" for about 5 minutes, stir to prevent burning.
If sauce needs help thickening, put 1 Tbsp water & 1 Tbsp cornstarch in small bowl & mix together. Slowly add to Instapot while stirring continuously. Sauce will thicken within 1-2 minutes.
6. When chicken is crisp & browned, add chicken back into Instapot before serving.
7. Salt + Pepper to taste.