Honey Rolls & Cinnamon Butter
After making these, you will never need another roll recipe in your recipe box!
1 1/4 cup of milk
3 Tbsp melted butter & 1 Tbsp melted butter set aside
1 teas salt
1 large egg (room temperature)
1/4 cup of honey
4 cups flour (all purpose or bread)
2 1/4 teas active dry yeast or 1 full packet
1 stick of salted butter (room temperature)
do not melt butter in microwave - it ruins the texture of the butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
3/4 teas cinnamon
1. Bring the milk to a slight boil. Remove from heat when it starts to steam & small bubbles form around the milk. Let it cool (lukewarm to touch).
2. Mix the yeast, milk & honey in a bowl until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix 3 Tbsp of butter, the milk mixture, egg & 2 cups of flour. Mix slowly until smooth. Add the other 2 cups of flour & mix until dough forms. You can mix by hand or with a mixer & a dough hook.
4. Add the salt & knead for 8 minutes. Drop dough onto a floured surface & knead for 2 more minutes.
5. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and put dough inside. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth & let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
6. Punch the dough & roll out on a flat, floured surface. Roll until about 1/2 inch thick. Fold in half & gently seal the edges.
7. Cut into 24 squares (approximately) & place on 2 lightly greased baking sheets. Cover them & let them rise for 45 minutes. They will double in size.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
9. When rolls come out of the oven, let them slightly cool. Melt the 1 Tbsp of butter & brush the tops of the rolls.