Cranberry Orange Oat Muffins
2 cups fresh or dried cranberries
2 cups white whole wheat flour
or regular whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
⅓ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
¾ cup honey or maple syrup
2 eggs at room temperature
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Zest from 1 medium orange (about 1 tsp)
1 Tbsp. raw sugar for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line them with papers,.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey and beat together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk to combine, then add yogurt, vanilla and orange zest. Mix well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). Gently fold the cranberries into the batter.
5. Pour batter into muffin pan. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a little raw sugar.
6. Bake the muffins for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
7. Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. Store them, covered, at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.