Chewy Ginger Snaps
After spending the day outside, that fall feeling is in the air. Nothing like these cookies at the end of a long day with a hot cup of tea. Your kitchen will smell amazing within 2 minutes ~ promise!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 large egg
1/2 cup coarse or raw sugar
3 1/2 oz. (1/2 bag) The Ginger People Crystallized Ginger Chips (other brands don't come close to The Ginger People)
*For best results, chill dough one hour before baking
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift dry ingredients together in bowl. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
4. Stir in molasses & egg.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Mix well.
6. Stir in the ginger chips. Once mixture has been refrigerated for one hour, form 1-inch balls. Roll in coarse sugar or leave them without if you prefer.
7. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes (or until edges just start to set). Be careful not to overcook.
9. Cool on baking sheets for approx. 2 minutes & then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approx. 2 dozen cookies