Cherry Delight Cookies
Updated: Feb 14, 2020
The perfect way to share some love on Valentine's Day!
Makes 3 dozen
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 jars maraschino cherries with stems
1. Drain cherries. Leave cherries in a strainer while the dough is made.
2. Mix flour, soda, powder & salt in a mixing bowl,
3. Stir with fork until combined. Cut in the softened butter until the mix looks like coarse cornmeal.
4. Beat 2 eggs in medium bowl & combine with sugar.
5. Add egg/sugar mix to other ingredients and stir thoroughly.
6. The dough will be sticky! Take ball of dough & flatten in hand. Place cherry in the middle, wrap dough around & let the stem stick out.
7. Press the cookie down on a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. The cookies will be white - not brown.
9. Let cool & roll in powdered sugar.