Black Magic Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for the cake:
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled OR melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix ingredients with hand mixer.
2. Add in eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. * The batter will be thin, don't worry.
3. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13 or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
5. Combine the frosting ingredients and mix with a hand mixer. Spread the frosting on the cooled cakes.